Terms & Conditions
Last Revised: December 11, 2016
comoodo Ltd., Level 3 Regent Street, LONDON, W1B 3HH, UNITED KINGDOM and its affiliates (“comoodo”,“Company”, “we” or “us”) welcome you to our global marketplace for communal dining available at https://www.comoo.do and also accessible via https://www.comoodo.de, https://www.comoodo.co.uk, https://www.comoodo.es as well as via mobile application accessible via itunes and google app Stores (hereinafter, the “Site”), which offers hosts and guests an global online community for having food events and sharing food. comoodo's Site is designed to enable Users to offer their hosting skills, food and home facilities as hosts (“Host(s)”) and allowing other Users to participate in food events of such Hosts as guests (“Guest(s)”). Each of the Site's users, whether hosts or guests (“User” or “you”), is invited to use and enjoy our Site in accordance with the terms and conditions hereunder.
1. Acceptance of the Terms
2. What is comoodo?
comoodo is a global marketplace for communal dining, which offers an online community for hosts and guests to have food events together around the world. comoodo's Site is designed to enable Users to offer their hosting skills, food and home facilities as hosts and allowing other Users to participate in food events of such Hosts as guests.
We, at comoodo, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using comoodo's Site; However, comoodo has no control over the conduct of any Hosts, Guests or any other User and disclaims all liability in this regard. Hosts and Guests are recommended to carefully and thoroughly examine and check with their respective Guests and Hosts all necessary details related to their Food Event and Reservation (as defined below) prior to any engagement been made. Participating in food events such as home meals, personal chef cook services, dinner parties or other User's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using comoodo's Site and Services (“Food Event”), is entirely at your own risk. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME HOSTS COOK AND/OR PREPARE IN SUCH FOOD EVENTS RAW AND/OR UNDERCOOKED ANIMAL FOOD. CONSUMING RAW OR UNDERCOOKED MEATS, POULTRY, SEAFOOD, SHELLFISH, OR EGGS MAY INCREASE YOUR RISK OF FOODBORNE ILLNESS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION.
comoodo is not a party to any agreement entered into between Hosts and Guests in any circumstances nor does it operate as a place of business for vending food of any sort. User has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation (including without limitation the applicable tax regulations and food regulations), religious duties (if and as promised by Host) or any other duty relating to the Food Event. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any Food Event conducted by a User or a third party. Certain Food Events may be subject to separate terms and conditions incurred by their respective Hosts, organizers etc. and we recommend that you review such terms and conditions, as they may be. It is the responsibility of the Host to assure that a Food Event is conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including with respect to any tax obligations relating to the Food Events.
Host who is classified with a badge of “comoodo Verified” was visited by an comoodo's member team and comoodo found him/her as appropriate to participate in our Services. However, COMOODO DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY HOST WHO IS CLASSIFIED WITH A BADGE OF “COMOODO VERIFIED” WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND COMOODO DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OR EXPENSE THAT YOU MAY SUFFER OR INCUR AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY FOOD EVENT CONDUCTED BY ANY HOST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY HOST WHO IS CLASSIFIED AS “COMOODO VERIFIED”.
comoodo may provide the Hosts with certain guarantee, under a third party insurance coverage which comoodo purchases for the Hosts in the event a Guest suffers some type of damage at a Food Event. Please see more information regarding comoodo Guarantee at xxx (“comoodo Guarantee”). comoodo Guarantee is subject to certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions, which are set out in the third party insurance policy comoodo may have obtained for covering the comoodo Guarantee. The Host should review and understand the conditions, limitations and exclusions of the xxx.
The Site provides you with information regarding our Services, including any content related thereto such as contact information, materials, text, logos, button icons, images, data compilations, other specialized content, technical data, documentation, know-how, specifications materials, designs, data, the "look and feel" of the Site, interface, GUI, interactive features related graphics and other features obtained from or through the Site (collectively, the “Content”). Further, the Site provides the Users the ability to contact us via the contact form available in our Site.
ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE ARE RESERVED TO COMOODO. TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE, THE SITE, THE SERVICES THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THEREIN AND THE USER GENERATED CONTENT (AS SUCH TERM IS DEFINED BELOW) ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. COMOODO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS INCURRED TO YOU, YOUR ORGANIZATION OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND/OR THE CONTENT AND/OR THE USER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE THEREIN.
WE, AT COMOODO, TAKE GREAT MEASURES TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE BEST EXPERIENCE YOU CAN HAVE WHILE USING COMOODO'S SITE AND SERVICES. HOWEVER, COMOODO HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF ANY HOSTS, GUESTS OR ANY OTHER USER AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD. HOSTS AND GUESTS ARE RECOMMENDED TO CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY EXAMINE AND CHECK WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE GUESTS AND HOSTS ALL NECESSARY DETAILS RELATED TO THEIR FOOD EVENT AND RESERVATION (AS DEFINED BELOW) PRIOR TO ANY ENGAGEMENT BEEN MADE.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE USER GENERATED CONTENT AND/OR THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THEREIN IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3. Account Registration
In order to book a Food Event and/or to create a Food Event, you must register and create an account (“Account”). The registration is free of charge. Registration can be done by using a personal Social Network Account (namely, Facebook) or by completing the registration form (“Registration Form”) available on the Site. You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your Account will be established. You may not have more than one (1) active comoodo Account.
Your Account is password protected. In order to protect the security of your Personal Information available on your Account to the greatest extent possible, you must safeguard and not disclose your Account log-in details and you must supervise the use of such Account. You must provide accurate and complete information when creating an Account and you agree to not misrepresent your identity or your Account information. You agree to keep your Account information up to date and accurate. Otherwise, we will not be able to provide you with the Service and to contact you when necessary.
YOU ARE SOLELY AND FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT AND FOR ALL ACTIVITIES THAT OCCUR UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT. If we in good faith believe you have created an Account impersonating another person you may be expose to civil and/or criminal liability.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or delegate your duties under the Account without the prior written consent of comoodo. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security and in such events you must change your password immediately via the settings in the Site. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any failure of yours to comply with these Terms, i.e., if someone else accesses your Account through the registration information he/she has obtained from you or through a violation by you of these Terms, or for any unauthorized use of your password or Account or any other breach of security.
Note that either as a Host or as a Guest, you will be able to edit or remove, at any time, any information contained in your personal Account. You may do so by using the "Edit Profile" button. Please note that information included in your Account which is marked as "public" will be available to other Users.
CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT MAY CAUSE THE LOSS OF CERTAIN INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED US AND/OR THE CAPACITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH LOSS.
4. Use Restrictions
There are certain conducts which are strictly prohibited on comoodo's Site. Please read the following restrictions carefully. Failure to comply with the provisions set forth herein may result in the termination of your access to comoodo and may also expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
You may not, whether by yourself or anyone on your behalf; (a) use comoodo's Site for any illegal, unlawful or unauthorized purposes; (b) use comoodo's Site in any form of spam, unsolicited mail or similar conduct; (c) allow access to your Account to anyone other than yourself, including, without limitation, any persons who are under the age of 18. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Site and/or Service on your behalf, including by minors; (d) use comoodo's Site for non-personal or commercial purposes (other than as a Host) without Company’s express prior written consent; (e) remove or disassociate, from the Content and/or the Site any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained in such materials (such as ©,™, or ®); (f) interfere with or violate other Users' rights to privacy and other rights, or harvest or collect data and information about other Users without their express consent, whether manually or automatically with the use of any robot, spider, crawler, any search or retrieval application, or use other automatic device, process or method to access comoodo's Site and retrieve, index and/or data-mine any information; (g) interfere with or disrupt the operation of comoodo's Site or the servers or networks that host comoodo's Site, or disobey any laws or regulations or requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks; (h) falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or express or imply that the Company endorses you, your site, your business or any statement you make, or present false or inaccurate information about the Site; (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our platform infrastructure; (j) as a Host, provide falsely or inaccurate information with respect to the service you offer through comoodo's Site and Services for Guests, including, but not limited to any representation you make with respect to your Food Events, including the hosting place and the food you offer via comoodo's Services; (k) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to comoodo's Site; (l) copy, distribute, display, execute publicly, make available to the public, reduce to human readable form, decompile, disassemble, adapt, sublicense, make any commercial use, sell, rent, transfer, lend, process, compile, reverse engineer, combine with other software, translate, modify or create derivative works of any material that is subject to comoodo's proprietary rights, including comoodo's Intellectual Property (as such term is defined below), in any way or by any means, unless expressly permitted in the Terms; (m) copy, modify, alter, adapt, make available, translate, port, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Content made accessible by comoodo on or through the Site, or publicly display, reproduce, create derivative works from, perform, distribute, or otherwise use such Content, other than as permitted under these Terms; (n) transmit, distribute, display or otherwise make available through or in connection with comoodo's Site any content, including User Generated Content , which may infringe third party rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights, or which may contain any unlawful content; (o) create a browser, frame, border environment or GUI around comoodo's Site; (p) link, including in-line linking, to elements on comoodo's Site, such as images and videos, independently from the web pages of comoodo's Site on which they originally appear;; (q) frame or mirror any part of the Site without comoodo's prior express written authorization; (r) create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content from the Site; (s) transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component; and/or (t) infringe and/or violate any of the Terms.
5. Reservation and Billing Arrangements
As a registered User, each Guest is welcome to make an online reservation with any Host offering his services via comoodo's Site (“Reservation”). A Guest may pay for the Reservation by using our Online Payment Processors (as defined below). As part of the Reservation process the Guest will be asked to fill in some details with respect to his/her Reservation (such as the food he/she wishes to have and food and/or other allergies, if any) (“Contact Form”). The Contact Form you have filled in will be delivered automatically to your respective Host. Please note that we do not keep such information, and it is your responsibility, and not ours, to inform your Host, in each Reservation you make through the Site, regarding your food and/or other allergies and/or other information you wish to provide your Host.
Once your Reservation is confirmed by the Host, the Company will notify you by email that your Reservation is confirmed (“Reservation Confirmation”) and then will charge you for the full service amount which is transferred to the Host (the “Reservation Fee”) plus a service fee of the abovementioned Reservation Fee (the “ Service Fee”) (the “Reservation Fee” and the “Service Fee” shall be referred to collectively as the “Reservation Amount”). The price which is indicated in the Site reflects the Reservation Amount. The Reservation Amount charged from the Guest will be kept faithfully by comoodo and in compliance with any applicable law, and the Reservation Fee will only be transferred to the respective Host up to five (5) business days following your arrival to your reserved Food Event and provided that no cancellation notification was made by you before that day (please see our Cancelation Policy here: xxx. The Host appoints comoodo as the Host's limited agent solely for the purpose of collecting payment made by Guests on behalf of the Host.
6. Fees and Payments
Hosts are required to post prices including all applicable taxes for Reservation of Food Events they offer on comoodo, as such Reservation may be subject to taxation, as required or ordered by the applicable tax law in the country in which respective Hosts reside. Hosts are solely responsible to determine the applicable taxes and are hereby required to comply with the applicable tax law and pay any taxes including VAT, surcharges, sales taxes, goods and services taxes, and other similar municipal, state and federal indirect or other withholding and personal or corporate income taxes imposed and levied in connection with Reservations made of their respective Food Events via comoodo's Site and Services or the payment thereof and they represent and warrant that they will pay such taxes in time and in compliance with the applicable tax law.
Note that failing to pay such taxes, as ordered by applicable tax law, or failing to comply with any provisions specified in the applicable tax law may prevent such Hosts from continuing publishing their Food Events on comoodo's Site.
You, as a Guest, represent and warrant that you will pay to your Host all fees and taxes incurred with your Reservation in a timely manner and in compliance with comoodo's fee schedule. Failing to settle your payments including any taxes incurred with your Reservation, will prevent you from executing your Reservation with comoodo's Site and from further using comoodo's Site and Services.
Notwithstanding the above, Company shall reserve the right, but have no obligation, to withhold any applicable taxes and obtain any other remedies available by law.
The Company may, at any time and at its sole discretion, amend the fee schedule, payment terms and cancellation policy specified on the Site. Any such changes will take effect immediately after being posted on comoodo's Site. comoodo may deduct foreign currency processing costs from any payment.
comoodo may provide a feature through which Users may view the Reservation Amounts in foreign currencies. This information is believed to be accurate, but we do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. You hereby agree and acknowledge that these views of fees are for your convenience and informational purposes only. You acknowledge that the applicable exchange rate used for currency conversion processing may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect at the specific time such processing occurs.
7. Cancellation of Reservation
All Reservations are subject to comoodo's cancellation policy, which is specified in the following link: xxx.
Your Reservation shall be deemed canceled only upon receipt of comoodo confirmation of your cancellation. The Company reserves the right to cancel a Reservation at any time upon returning full refund of Reservation Amount to the Guest.
In case a Host cancels Guest’s Reservation to participate in a Food Event, Company will credit Guest with the full Reservation Amount such Guest has paid to comoodo. comoodo reserves the right to charge the canceling Host with the Service Fees. comoodo shall not bear any liability for any cost, expense, loss or damage that you may suffer or incur as a result of Host’s or Guest’s cancelation of a Reservation of Food Event.
Additionally, comoodo reserves the right to charge back from Hosts the Reservation Fee they received for organizing certain Food Event if upon the receipt of a complaint by a Guest with respect to such Food Event, comoodo believes, at its sole discretion, that such Food Event was not compatible with comoodo standards of service, including in compliance with this Terms, or in case of any misconduct of the Host.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
The Site, the Content and the Company's proprietary assets and any and all intellectual property rights pertaining thereto, including, but not limited to, inventions, patents and patent applications, trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrightable materials and trade secrets, whether or not registered or capable of being registered (excluding the User Generated Content) (collectively, “Intellectual Property”), are owned by and/or licensed to the Company and are protected by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws and international conventions. All rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved by the Company and its licensors.
The Terms do not convey to you an interest in or to the Company Intellectual Property but only a limited revocable right of use in accordance with the Terms. Nothing in the Terms constitutes a waiver of the Company’s Intellectual Property under any law.
To the extent you provide any feedbacks, comments or suggestions to comoodo (“Feedback”), comoodo shall have an-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable license to incorporate the Feedback into any comoodo current or future products, technologies or services and use same for any purpose all without further compensation to you and without your approval. You agree that all such Feedback shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Furthermore, you warrant that your Feedback is not subject to any license terms that would purport to require comoodo to comply with any additional obligations with respect to any comoodo current or future products, technologies or services that incorporate any Feedback.
10. Trademarks and Trade names
“comoodo”, comoodo™, Company's marks and logo and all other proprietary identifiers used by the Company in connection with the Site and the Services (“Company Trademarks”) are all trademarks and/or trade names of the Company, whether or not registered. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos which may appear on comoodo's Site belong to their respective owners (“Third Party Marks”). No right, license, or interest to Company Trademarks and/or to the Third Party Marks is granted hereunder, and you agree that no such right, license, or interest shall be asserted by you with respect to the Company Trademarks or the Third Party Marks and therefore you will avoid using any of those marks.
12. User Generated Content
- The Site allows you to upload, post, publish and make available through it, including without limitation on our blog, your own copyrightable materials such as literary works, text, images, text material, photos and any other proprietary materials, including without limitation Hosts' posts on their pages and/or any part thereof and links to copyrightable materials (the “User Generated Content”). Please be sure that while you use the Site you respect the proprietary rights including any intellectual property and privacy rights of third parties who have any rights with respect to the User Generated Content you uploaded to the Site. comoodo will not bear any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with uploading any User Generated Content.
- As long as the User Generated Content is subject to the applicable copyright law, such User Generated Content shall remain at all times, and to the extent permitted by law, the sole and exclusive property of the User.
- You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your User Generated Content and the consequences of posting or publishing such material, on the Site, in any way.
- You represent and warrant that you are the rightful owner of the User Generated Content you upload to the Site or that you have (and will continue to have) all the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions from the rightful owners of such User Generated Content and that such User Generated Content does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights or other rights (including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, or any other intellectual property rights).
IT IS THE USER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO OBTAIN ANY AND ALL CONSENTS REQUIRED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAWS, REGARDING THE POSTING OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OF OTHERS WHICH IS PART OF THE USER GENERATED CONTENT, AND TO ADHERE TO ANY APPLICABLE LAWS REGARDING SUCH INFORMATION.
- You expressly agree that the User Generated Content will not include any unsolicited promotions, advertising, contests or raffles.
- You agree that you will not post or upload any User Generated Content containing content which is unlawful for you to possess, post or upload in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for comoodo to use or possess in connection with the Site (including but not limited to any content which is defamatory, libelous, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening, abusive or fraudulent).
- Although comoodo has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the User Generated Content, comoodo explicitly reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove or edit, without giving any prior notice, any User Generated Content available on the Site at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Generated Content you post or store on the Site at your sole expense.
- When you upload, post, publish or make available any User Generated Content on the Site, you grant to (i) comoodo an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, assignable, fully sub-licensable and worldwide license, to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, display, copy, make available to the public and perform that User Generated Content, along with the name that you submit in connection with such User Generated Content, in connection with the Site, whether through the Internet, mobile devices or otherwise, in any media formats and through any media channels known today and developed in the future; and (ii) each User of the Site a non-exclusive and royalty-free license to access your User Generated Content through the Site and to use such User Generated Content solely for personal and non-commercial purposes. The Company may publish and use any User Generated Content without the Users prior consent. You hereby agree and understand that you will not be entitled to prevent any transfer of User Generated Content to any third party. The Company shall not bear any liability for any use by any third party of the User Generated Content. In addition, you hereby explicitly waive any moral right you may have in and to the User Generated Content and forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights in any of the User Generated Content.
- COMOODO TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY USER GENERATED CONTENT UPLOAD, POSTED, PUBLISHED AND MADE AVAILABLE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN THE SITE, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THERETO, NOR IS COMOODO LIABLE FOR ANY MISTAKES, DEFAMATION, LIBEL, FALSEHOODS, OBSCENITIES OR PORNOGRAPHY YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY MAY ENCOUNTER.
13. Interactive Areas
- The Site contains a blog in which you or other Users may share and/or review interesting experiences, recipes, stories and tips about what's happening in the world of hosting, cooking and social trends in traveling (“Interactive Areas”). You are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas.
- As a provider of interactive services, comoodo is not liable for any statements, representations or content provided by its Users in its Interactive Area.
- Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of the Site in violation of the foregoing restrictions specified in Section 9 above and/or in this Section 10, constitutes violation of these Terms and may result, inter alia, in termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or the Site.
- Misconduct and Copyright Agent
We care for your safety. If you believe a User acted inappropriately including (but not limited to) offensive, violent or sexually inappropriate behavior, please report immediately such person to the appropriate authorities and to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
comoodo respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information in writing to comoodo Copyright Agent: (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit comoodo to locate the material; (iv) information so that comoodo can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address; (v) a statement that you believe in good faith that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed. comoodo Copyright Agent can be reached at: email@example.com
comoodo has the sole discretion to restrict and/or terminate access to the Site to Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers of third party's copyright works or Users who acted inappropriately as specified above.
- Linking to comoodo's Site and Links to Third Party Websites
We welcome links to any page on our Site. You are free to establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not state or imply any connection or approval of your website, products and/or services by comoodo, and does not portray comoodo in a false or otherwise offensive manner. You may not link to our Site from a site that you do not own or have permission to use. In the event that you link to comoodo's Site you represent that your site does not contain content that is unlawful, offensive or infringing third party rights. However, we do not permit framing or inline linking.
The Site's availability and functionality depends on various factors, such as communication networks, software, hardware and the Company's services' providers and contractors. comoodo does not warrant or guarantee the Site will operate at all times without disruption or interruption, or that it will be immune from unauthorized access or error-free.
- Changes to the Site
comoodo reserves the right to modify, correct, amend, enhance, improve, make any other changes to, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Site (or any part thereof, including but not limited to the Content) without notice, at any time. In addition, you hereby acknowledge that the Content provided under this Site may be changed, extended in terms of content and form or removed at any time without any notice to you. You agree that comoodo shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of this Site or the Content included therein.
In the event of misleading representation or misconduct on the Site and in connection with the Service or in the framework of Food Events held by Hosts through the use of comoodo's Site and Services, comoodo may decide, in its sole discretion, to credit you with a refund for the Reservation Amount paid or part thereof and charge the Host with this amount. No action of comoodo may be construed as accepting any liability other than as mentioned herein.
19. Disclaimers of Warranties
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE, THE SITE, THE CONTENT, THE SERVICES AND THE USER GENERATED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND COMOODO, INCLUDING ITS VENDORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS (“COMOODO REPRESENTATIVES”), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF USE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS THAT THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT (I) THAT THE SITE IS OR WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, UNINTERRUPTED, WITHOUT ERRORS, OR FREE OF VIRUSES, DEFECTS, WORMS, OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR OTHER PROGRAM LIMITATIONS, (II) THAT WE WILL CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE SITE; AND/OR (III) OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR OPERATE, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING THAT THE RESULTS OF USING THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS). THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY OR THE QUALITY OF THE SITE, AND IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR, FAULT OR MISTAKE RELATED TO ANY CONTENT AND INFORMATION DISPLAYED WITHIN THE SITE.
COMOODO IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY FOOD EVENTS DISTRIBUTED THROUGH OUR SITE AND SERVICES, INCLUDING THE NATURE AND QUALITY OF THE FOOD SERVED IN SUCH EVENTS, AND IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR, FAULT OR MISTAKE OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT AND INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH OUR SITE AND SERVICES, INCLUDING BY HOSTS OR GUESTS. THE COMPANY DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY ENTITY, PRODUCT OR SERVICE MENTIONED IN ANY USER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. COMOODO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR ASSURANCE TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO THE EXISTENCE, SCOPE AND/OR COMPLIANCE AS REQUIRED OR ORDERED BY ANY APPLICABLE LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SUCH FOOD EVENTS AND COMOODO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN THIS REGARD.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE AND HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ITEM OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY OTHER THAN COMOODO. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR OTHERS THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTERNET SUCH AS SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION, AND OVERLOAD OF SERVERS, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS) OR ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR INTERNET PROVIDERS.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICE, THE USER GENERATED CONTENT AND/OR THE CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INASMUCH AS SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN, THE FULL EXTENT OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
20. Limitation of Liability
THE USE OF COMOODO'S SITE AND SERVICES AND PARTICIPATION IN ANY FOOD EVENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMOODO, INCLUDING COMOODO'S REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT OR STRICT LIABILITY) (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, PROFITS OR DATA AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING HEREUNDER, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND/OR THE CONTENT, YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND/OR THE CONTENT AND/OR AN/OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY FOOD EVENT, THE FAILURE OF THE SITE TO PERFORM AS REPRESENTED OR EXPECTED, OR FROM THE PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE OF COMOODO TO PERFORM UNDER THESE TERMS, ANY OTHER ACT OR OMISSION OF COMOODO BY ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER; OR BASED UPON BREACH OF WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR CONDITION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER COMOODO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN ANY CASE, WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE, COMOODO'S AND COMOODO'S REPRESENTATIVES TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES OR LOSSES WHATSOEVER ARISING HEREUNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SERVICE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO COMOODO FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR $US1.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
IN AS MUCH AS SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN, THE FULL EXTENT OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless comoodo and comoodo Representatives from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of comoodo's Site and/or Services; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party rights, including without limitation any intellectual property rights or privacy right of such third party in connection with your use of the Site; (iv) the User Generated Content you uploaded through the use of the Site; and/or (v) any damage of any sort, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, you may cause to any third party with relation to your use of the Site. It is hereby clarified that this defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms.
Without derogating from the foregoing, we reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification by you, which will not excuse your indemnity obligations hereunder and in which event you will fully cooperate with us in asserting any available defense. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our prior express written approval.
22. Amendments to the Terms
The Company may, at its sole discretion, change the Terms from time to time, including any other policies incorporated thereto, so please re-visit this page frequently. In case of any material change, we will make reasonable efforts to post a clear notice on the Site and/or will send you an e-mail (to the extent that you provided us with such e-mail address) regarding such change. Such material changes will take effect seven (7) days after such notice was provided on our Site or sent via e-mail, whichever is the earlier. Otherwise, all other Changes to these Terms are effective as of the stated “Last Revised” and your continued use of the Site on or after the Last Revised date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes. In the event that the Terms should be amended to comply with any legal requirements, the amendments may take effect immediately, or as required by the law and without any prior notice.
At any time, comoodo may block your access to the Site and/or temporarily or permanently limit your access to the Site, at its sole discretion, in addition to any other remedies that may be available to comoodo under any applicable law. Such actions by comoodo may be taken, for example, if comoodo deems that you have breached any of these Terms in any manner. Additionally, comoodo may at any times, at its sole discretion, cease the operation of the Site or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, without giving any prior notice. You agree and acknowledge that comoodo does not assume any responsibility with respect to, or in connection with the termination of the Site' operation and loss of any data, including the User Generated Content. The provisions of these Terms that, by their nature and content, must survive the termination of these Terms in order to achieve the fundamental purposes of these Terms shall so survive. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the provisions of the Intellectual Property, Warranty Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and General sections will survive the termination or expiration of the Terms.
The Company may accept advertisements from third parties. Please note that the Company makes no warranties or representations concerning such advertisements, whether or not the Company has control over such advertisements. The Company, advertisers and/or third-parties related thereto may be entitled to certain shares of the earnings for such advertisements. You agree, acknowledge and consent that you will not be entitled to any compensation with respect to such monetary amounts.
All the information contained in such advertisements and commercials belongs solely to the advertisers and the Company makes no warranties or representations in respect of such, whether or not the Company has control over such advertisements or commercials and these are provided on an “AS IS” basis. In any event, the Company will not be liable for any damage or loss incurred to you as a result of or in connection with such advertisements or commercials. The Company, advertisers and/or related third-parties may be entitled to certain shares of the earnings for such advertisements and/or commercials. You agree, acknowledge and consent that no right, title or interest is or shall be granted to you in any way with respect to any revenue share whatsoever in relation thereto.
COMOODO AND/OR ITS REPRESENTETIVES ARE NOT OBLIGED TO NOR CAN THEY VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF INFORMATION REPRESENTED IN SUCH ADVERTISEMENTS. THUS, COMOODO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF ADVERTISEMENTS.
(a)These Terms constitute the entire Terms and conditions between you and the Company relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and the company, (b) these Terms do not, and shall not be construed to create any relationship, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between the parties hereto, (c) any claim relating to comoodo's Site and/or Services or its use thereof will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel without reference to its conflict-of-laws principles and the United Nations Convention Relating to a Uniform Law on the International Sale of Goods may not be applied, (d) any dispute arising out of or related to your use of comoodo's Site and/or Services will be brought in, and you hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in, the competent courts of Tel-Aviv-Jaffa, Israel. You agree to waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non-convenience and agree that process may be served in a manner authorized by applicable law or court rule. Notwithstanding the foregoing, comoodo may seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction, (e) No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof, (f) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED, (g) if any provision hereof is adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect while most nearly adhering to the intent expressed herein, (h) you may not assign or transfer these Terms (including all rights and obligations hereunder) without our prior written consent and any attempt to do so in violation of the foregoing shall be void. We may assign or transfer these Terms without restriction or notification, (i) no amendment hereof will be binding unless in writing and signed by comoodo, and (k) the parties agree that all correspondence relating to these Terms shall be written in the English language.
26. For information, questions or notification of errors, please contact:
If you have any questions (or comments) concerning the Terms, you are most welcome to send us an email and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: August 02, 2016
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2. Which Information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information:
a. The first type is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering and/or using the Site. Non-Personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User's 'click-stream' or searches on the Site, referral URL, type and version of browser and keyboard language, screen resolution, etc.
b. The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided voluntarily by the User or other Users to the Service.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address (or Mac Address, as applicable) mainly for enhancing the User's experience and for geo-location and security purposes as further detailed below.
- In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User:
- The Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide in the Registration Form available on the Site, which includes the following: full name, e-mail address and place of residence. In addition, when updating their profile, the User may also provide, at his/her sole discretion, information such as photos, languages spoken, name, gender, birthdates, etc.
- Alternatively, a User can open an Account and signup to the Site via existing third party accounts (namely Facebook) used by such User (“Social Network Account”). In the event that a User registers to the Site through his/her existing Social Network Account, then such Social Network Account provides us with access to certain information about such User as is stored in the User’s Social Network Account, namely, the User's full name and email and/or any other information which is detailed and displayed to the User in the notice which appears during the integration process with such Social Network Account. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via your Social Network Account. We may collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable us to access your Social Network Account in order to collect the abovementioned data contained within your Social Network Account which you provided us access to. We may store the above-mentioned information (or any part of it), in order to achieve the purposes set forth herein. Please remember that the manner in which social networks use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of such social networks. If you do not agree to these practices please do not use the social network integration feature. You hereby agree that such information will be stored even after the linkage to your Social Network Account expires, for any reason.
- If you wish to become a Host, you will be required to submit through our Site an application, prior to your registration, in which you will be requested to provide certain information, which may include Personal Information, such as photos. You will be required to provide additional information, at a later stage, during your profile update process, such as your address, your phone number, etc.
- Personal Information may also be collected from the details the User may provide in the contact form on the Site which available under the “support” button. This form includes the User's name and e-mail address, as well as the contact subject and text message. Additional information may be requested in the future.
- In addition, to the extent that you wish to make a Reservation, you will have the option to use certain Online Payment Processors which will require you to fill out a billing form wherein you will be required to provide to such Online Payment Processors certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information) (see section 6 below regarding the payment method). We will not store such information on our servers. We only keep token information such Online Payment Processors provide us with, and such information is strictly secured.
- comoodo do not store any medical information about Users, such as food allergies and/or any other allergies. In the event you have any food allergies or other relevant medical information, make sure you notify to your Host in advance, and in each Reservation you make through the Site, of such information within the Contact Form you fill-in upon your Reservation.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do we Collect Information on Our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your use of the Site. In other words, when you are using the Site we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal information which you voluntarily provide when you fill in the contact form and/or during the Registration Process within the Site. We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enhance the User's experience on the Service (e.g. by determining the screen resolutions) to improve our Service and enable future commercial related services.
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site's interface, for example, learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on the Service (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others).
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enable the overall operation of the Service
- Personalize your experience on the Service.
- Provide you with certain information and services available only to registered Users.
- Allow us to contact you with proposals and tailored information regarding Food Events and other events, offers, services, etc.
- Determine general geo-location information (i.e., country) from which the User's computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site's Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
- Enable payment through third party Online Payment Processors. Please note that we do not collect and store credit card or other financial information.
5. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
The Service allows you to share your third party accounts' profile information (e.g. Facebook) with other Users on comoodo's Site, such as your Host or Guests, respectively. Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on your third party account (e.g. information which is visible to Facebook friends only) may become public to other comoodo Users through the Service if you have defined such information to be public on comoodo's Service.
comoodo will share Personal Information it collects to the extent that such disclosure is required for operating the Services offered via the Site. Mainly, some of the information collected from you via the Site and Service will be public to some Users, as your Hosts or Guests. Please note that Hosts' Personal Information (such as address and contact details) will not be disclosed to all comoodo's Users, rather only to the relevant Guests who placed a Reservation for Food Event with such Hosts.
For avoidance of doubt, comoodo may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its own discretion.
7. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to update or modify your Personal Information you can do so within your Account. In the event that you wish to close your Account or delete the Personal Information included therein you may do so using the Settings of the Account or by sending us an e-mail request to email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to do so pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
We will retain and use your Personal Information for a reasonable time after termination as necessary to comply with our legal or business requirements or obligations (including as required by applicable law), to resolve disputes and/or to enforce our Terms. Aggregated and/or anonymous data derived from Account may remain on our servers indefinitely. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period as required to provide you with the Services, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
comoodo cannot ensure that third parties who gained access to the Personal Information (e.g. the applicable Guests or Hosts) deleted your Personal Information or monitor their use of such information.
8. Social Features
9. Cookies & Local Storage
When you access or use the Site or the Service, comoodo may place and use industry-wide technologies such as“cookies” and Flash (or similar tracking technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your Service experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Service are created per session, does not include any information about you, other than your session key and are removed as your session ends (usually after 24 hours). It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer's hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
We may also use certain third-party cookies and web-tracking technologies. These are a different kind of cookies and web-tracking technologies, stored on your computer and/or on your End-Users devices by third parties, rather than by the Company. We do not control such third party service providers.
The abovementioned cookies and other tracking technologies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur. COMOODO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
11. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials and informing you regarding current and/or Food Events, products and services (offered by the Company and/or by third parties) which may interest you and to send to you advertisements and other marketing material, transmitted to the e-mail address and/orphone number you have provided. You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to the Company by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
12. Links to Third Party Websites
13. International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
14. Third Party Service Providers
The Site is intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, comoodo does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under this age of eighteen. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under this age are not using the Site.
18. Got any Questions?
How Hosting Works
Here is how it works content
How Booking Works
Here is how booking works contents
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions